Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thursday, August 6th

Red Belt


Dress: To The Max

Belt: Form Beacon's Closet

Shoes: Kathryn Amberleigh



I think we can now all say with confidence, that I am obsessed with belts. Not that I have an outrageous number of them, but I apparently wear one with most outfits. This is a fact I was unaware of before I began this blog. The dress in the picture came with a self-fabric belt. Although this can be a good option for some dresses/occasions, I prefer to add something a little less expected. Today I chose a red belt to compliment this otherwise neutral outfit. A colored belt is a great way to give character to an ensemble leaning towards blah. Try it out! It is a simple style trick, but first a few tips!

1. Try to compliment the outfit by adding an element of contrast. The color of the belt doesn't necessarily have to be represented anywhere else in the outfit.
2. Let the belt be the center of attention. Don't challenge the belt with statement shoes.
3. Go with what you love! You can always learn from your mistakes... even a fashion faux pas ;)

xX

What color of belt do you think would be the wisest investment?

No comments:

Post a Comment