Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Wednesday, August 5th

Pleated Shorts

Top: Yumi Kim

Shorts: Old Navy

Bag: Gryson for Target

Sandals: Old Navy
















"Jorts" (jeans + shorts = jorts) are everywhere! I remember a few years back when "jorts" were subjected to much scrutiny, and even the inspiration for a few theme parties in college. Now denim shorts have segued into mainstream fashion. What began as the unofficial uniform of the LES and hipsters everywhere, is now just as, if not more, fashionably acceptable as a denim skirt. I love my cutoffs just as much as the next urbanite, but these dark denim pleated shorts are a great alternative if you do not praise holey denim. I also like these because the pleating causes them to flare away from the leg. A friendlier option for the less than modelesque.


Today I added a flowy silk top to even out the proportions and flat leather sandals.


xX

Share your opinion on jorts...

No comments:

Post a Comment