Friday, July 24, 2009

Thursday, July 23rd

Black and (un)buttoned up

Button up: Old Navy

T-Shirt: American Apparel (Summer Tee)

Jeans: Forever 21

Sneaks: Converse














This is a very simple outfit at heart. First of all, I would like to state for the record: I work in a CASUAL office. Just in case you all were wondering A. "Does this girl work? (this option makes me laugh), or B. What is she on? (actually... come to think of it this option also makes me laugh). It is actually option C: I am just really lucky and can wear literally whatever I want. So moving on... I was a little at a loss this morning so I went for all black. I love all black looks, but I wanted to lighten it up a little for what is called summer and feels like spring. I added this blue and white striped button-up sort of as a fill-in cardigan. Sometimes cardigans get old, and sometimes we just don't have the right one for the outfit. Next time this happens try throwing an oxford or some other open front shirt over your otherwise plain outfit. My turquoise Converse were the finishing touch for pulled together comfort!

What would you throw over your black tee and jeans?

1 comment:

  1. i really like this oxford option instead of a cardigan! never thought of it and i always seems to find myself having that dilemma (especially in the summer) of not having the right card to wear in Sharpie's igloo temperature office- thanks!

    ReplyDelete