Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Wednesday, July 29th

Fade to the Front

Dress: Old Navy

Vest: Urban Outfitters

Flats: Nine West


MASH-UP:





Black bangle: Forever 21
Silver charm bracelet: Satya
Colorful bracelet: too old to know







Went for one of my standbys today: this safari inspired dress from Old Navy (last summer). I threw this worn in black twill vest on over it, so it didn't feel so boring. I have had this vest for awhile now, so it has been through the wash its fair share of times. As a consequence it is rather faded. I used to hate it when black fades. Interestingly enough, when I pulled it out of my closet this morning for the first time in a long time, I looked at it in a new light. The faded color has really grown on me. I may even take the distressing a step further with a sharp object! More to come on that. As finishing touches on this outfit I brought out the color with bright red flats and used a mash-up of bracelets.

What is your take on faded black... embrace or erase?

No comments:

Post a Comment